Monday, July 16, 2012

The Journey Is Too Expensive

 
   I don't want to come off pessimistic but I fear I will regardless of how I put it but this is truly how I feel. I'm jumping the gun a lot lately about after college, with my being a freshman. I can't even think about the "experience" I have nothing but morning classes and I don't plan on staying on the dorms much at all. I haven't the cash to stay on the dorm and even if I did I'd save it for other things like paying for books and a permit, eventually a license and inevitably a car.
 College parties are out of the question seeing as I don't even have a car, nor my permit yet. I'm not going to college for the "experience", I don't really feel the NEED to meet new people either, I want to go, get my degree and then start my life. Starting life after college is going to be very difficult finally getting out there into the big wide world, it's terrifying, and I know I'm looking way to far into the future but I can't help it, I'm compelled to look to the future whether I want to or not and I can't entirely be concerned with the now.
  In a world of wills the next few years of my life will go like this:


  • College goes by so fast it's incredible that I can even remember it I graduate with a degree in 
  • I get a job not a career but a job for now
  • I get an internship as a copy writer at a news paper, magazine maybe even a broadcasting company
  • I save money from my job pay off my student loans and have other money to start looking into apartments
  • I turn the blog into a dot com and get DeejaySpeaks copywritten
  • I have an awesome camera to document my style and do awesome quality youtube videos
  • I am hired at the company I intern at yay!
  • I've got an awesome career I make enough moolah to quit my job and now I'm currently living in my own apartment with my own car and my life has begun! 
    Yet, when I lay out these bullet points for others to understand how I wish to execute my plan they say I'm doing it wrong, that I'm not enjoying the journey. Frankly it's to expensive to "enjoy" anything when your an unemployed college student with no money in an account, and not one solid scholarship in sight.I tried to consider taking college on as an experience but I can't even look at it that way, college is just another mountain in my way and I shall move it. Is this honestly the wrong attitude though, I have constantly questioned am I just looking at things in a bad light or am I being realistic?
  Think about it, if I were pessimistic I would look at college as some unbeatable challenge, but I'm not I know college will end and I look forward to its end and I know I will conquer it but that doesn't mean I'm just buzzing with excitement to do so. I've never liked school, I've been really good at keeping up with grades and assignments maintaining a high G.P.A. but I never have liked it I just did it. College is just one more thing I have to do, but it doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it and I'm okay with that so don't blame me for looking more to the destination than the journey.

3 comments:

  1. Yes
    I'm stealing these pointsI have an awesome camera to document my style and do awesome quality youtube videosI've got an awesome career I make enough moolah to quit my job and now I'm currently living in my own apartment with my own car and my life has begun! great post :) I wish you success!

    xoxo
    Chloe Polo

    http://www.fasheauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you blog,
    Take a look at my blog,
    I hope you'll like it
    http://rosemode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol thank you and I wish you success to  @Chloe Polo 

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis