Sunday, August 12, 2012

I'm Going To Burst

   My impatience is terrible. My impatience wreaks havoc through my brain and doesn't stop until whatever I'm waiting for occurs. As you know I'm currently following The Secret The Magic by Rhonda Byrne, it's all about being positive and grateful and then that positive vibe will get back to you, so my worrying about this deadline must be surely canceling out any blessings my way and I literally can't afford that right now. I decided to take matters in my own hands and I googled how to be patient and eliminate stress, the current ways to alleviate such stress and develop patience are a combination of sites such as  How To Be Patient, Patience Is A Skill, 15 Tips for Becoming as Patient as Job, How to Be Patient 5 Tips for Staying Calm Now and in my search I came across a book on Amazon I'm very interested in,(I'm just an Amazon lover, I've moved on from Ebay).


  • Why are you in such a hurry? If you have too much going on at once you risk spreading yourself to thin and eventually snapping, if you have only one big thing going on such as I do keep yourself busy with other things throughout the day to get your mind off of it, whatever will be done will be done, stressing doesn't help now quicken the process. 
  • Keep a journal, whenever you feel that rush of impatience write down what if feels like,write down what provoked that emotion,understand it,dismantle it and the impatience will seemingly shrink in size the moment you comprehend why, and what it's doing to you. I am going to start doing this writing down my frustrations taking them apart and keeping the journal close to me as a reminder that whatever troubles me really isn't that big or bad.
  • Always have a positive outlook on life. I have this issue and I'm not going to make excuses for it, The moment I fully take faith and accept that life is only what I make it, is the moment my headaches cease and the tension in my forehead fades. I need to better understand that I am a good, hardworking person and that I've done all I can at the moment so there is no reason for me to fear the outcomes. Job app after job app, scholarship app after scholarship app, and I'm still trying there is no reason for me to fret, where there's a will there's a way I have all the will and I need to address my patience so when the day comes I can identify and follow my way. 
  • Be always open to learning. Almost every person you come into contact with, has something to teach you, while you're rushing you could be missing out on the lesson behind your experience. I learned through this experience that college students aren't really as big and terrifying as I thought they were I remember when I approached the information at Wayne State my heart was edging towards my throat and I was greeted by a lovely young woman who was nice, and open and complimented my bag in the process.
  • Give yourself a break. Give yourself a moment to sit down and be quiet, to simply think. Think out all the things that trouble and see them for what they are in this moment not in the next, but in this moment right now, you can't change so fighting with it is tireless isn't it. 
  • Expect the unexpected. Whatever worries you today may go up in smoke tomorrow, remember random things happen all the time. Today I impatiently stress about receiving FASFA money tomorrow I may have won the lottery and may never have to worry about college funds ever again. 
  • Try meditation. I am not a yogi or anything like that I have no license to help you peer into your inner eye or whatever but I definitely want to figure out meditation, and while trying to develop meditation to be a hobby it helps relieve stress whilst also taking your mind off of what you're being impatient about.
  I hope these few tips helped you, I know they helped me simply creating this post was therapeutic to me as well. By the way the book on patience I'm interested in is Patience A Little Book of Inner Strength by Eknath Easwaran.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis