Monday, August 6, 2012

Odd Ball

    I was awkward, and odd I didn't understand things quite as well as a lot of the other girls did, and on top of that I was new. I didn't fit in at all, I was the odd ball. I'm still the odd ball in some situations, but I handle it better now, but at the time when I was younger it was a very painful time. Trying to conform sometimes comes easy to some people, and for others its a trap, it's like willingly stepping in a bear trap, the moment you take the step to be something you're not it's agony and trying to get out of the trap to who you used to be is painful to, but all you can do is struggle is look back at who you used to be and who you were meant to be. I lost myself for a while and I hated it but I got back to the original person that is who you see before you.
  I catch myself thinking about the decisions I made in high school from time to time. Reflecting on whether or not I carried a less than comfortable experience in middle school with me to high school and now I don't want to carry those other feelings from high school that I carried from middle school to college if that makes sense to any of you. At the end of the day I need to simply continue to love who I am and you should love who you are to, your identity is one of the most important things that is rightfully your's that you could ever have and never let anyone take that away from you. I call this Odd Ball.




3 comments:

  1. it's ok. i'm an oddball too. being odd isn't bad, be proud of your weirdness :)
    and also i love the outfit you put together. so super cute.

    Escape 

    ReplyDelete
  2. These feel like some serious words of wisdom, especially since I've realized that life is easier if you just embrace your inner awkwardness, because there truly is no problem with feeling or being awkward unless you cross over into the territory of being uncomfortable or less than worthy (if that makes any sense). I think the discomfort people feel from being awkward in high school and middle school comes from the fact that people are taught that awkwardness is a bad thing and a display of one's lack of confidence. Hopefully it's not like that in college, though. Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis