Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Teen Wolf Review Battlefield

  


   On this Teen Wolf episode Battlefield I decided to write my views instead of doing a video this time. The first 5 minutes of the show contain some elements that are hard for me to verbalize but much easier for me to through writing or typing in this case.

 The thing that really differentiates some Sci-fi cinema from other Sci-fi cinema is how relate able a Sci-fi show is even though the show may contain these otherworldly elements. I feel Teen Wolf has had several of those moments but especially, on the episode Battlefield. The panic, your head is exploding, the agony makes you feel as if it’s not worth trying to survive, not worth fighting any longer I feel at some point in time, someone has had that feeling where they feel unnecessarily pressured and in fear to the point of breaking I for one can vouch for knowing how that feels and at it is a continuous struggle, but it’s worth seeing it through the end. The beginning touched me, and Dylan O’Brien’s acting was impeccable, to play typically the comic relief in a show and now to add dimension to his usually fun loving character, to make the character deeper almost tortured it’s amazing. I was captured by this episode within the first 5minutes.
   The scene where Issac Lahey is participating in taking pain away instead of receiving it is beautiful, I almost got a little choked up. I am so happy that Isaac has more character development. As far as the rest of his pack, I kind of assumed sooner or later it would fall to pieces Peter is an evil scum bag but he made some good points on Derek, Derek trusts no one and in turn they don't trust him, a pack without trust isn't a pack it's one alpha and a few Betas who could turn into Omegas(solo wolves) in seconds the moment trouble hits

   As far as the deterioration of the pack, can we say Allison's scenes were considerably brutal to some, I found her release of anger interesting. I did feel bad she taking it out on Erica and Boyd, they don't want any part of the war any longer, but Allison's life has been terrorized ripped apart and on top of everything lost her mother, she probably feels like she needs to make up for the mistake of getting involved with the wolves, her guilt and heart ache are controlling her actions resulting in heartless moves, I can't criticize what Allison does especially when you look at her motives.
   Stiles finally got to play, and I think it’s hilarious, that Mr. Stilinksi got so excited for his son being on the field lets do a group aww. Lydia cheering on Stiles was a wonderful moment that the boy truly deserved. I want so much happiness for Stiles, I love his role as more than just funny guy, he's companion,supporter, the partner in crime and just as important as Scott.
   Ever since the scene where Isaac helps ease the puppy's pain, in the beginning of the show my attachment to the character has deepened, Isaac is very diverse and his emotions are dimensional I feel like we need more of this character and that we're only scratching the surface of the abyss that is Isaac Lahey, so when Grandpa Argent was seemingly going to murder him I found myself wide eyed and teary, don't give me a moment with this character and then rip it away, and thankfully they didn't I really can't lose Isaac my emotions are too big as is.
 I had a panic attack when I realized Stiles was missing but I'm not afraid Stiles is the single-most popular character and the most loved on the show funny since he's not the star but none the less they will not kill off such a beloved character
  Peter and Derek's talk was just running in circles, Derek will never listen nor follow a thing Peter says and sadly I don't think Peter's going away any time soon oh well.
   So all the major points in short are

  • Scott's mom is moving on and slowly accepting her son for what he is
  • Stiles is missing
  • Lydia can release Jackson from his Kanima troubles
  • Allison wants Derek dead to the point she's actually working with her grandfather
  • Erica and Boyd have been captured
  • Peter is back and agitating Derek 
  • Someone dies on the next episode 
  I thought the death for this season was going to end with Matt I'm not prepared to lose any other characters I refuse, they all have these elements to them that you don't want to lose from the show, but if I did have to choose who dies my money is on....I don't know I sincerely don't know I wanted to say Peter but why bring him back just to kill him so soon after that doesn't make since it can't be Lydia because she's supposed to help Jackson it can't be Jackson because he's the one doing the killing, can't be Scott because he is the Teen Wolf in Teen Wolf, not Allison because if anything she'll be the one doing the killing, not Stiles because he's Stiles he doesn't die, not Mr. Stillinksi because Stiles has lost enough, not mama Mccall because Scott won't let her involved, not Isaac because they recently made Isaac lovable, the only two left who could be dead are Erica and Boyd and I'm not sure if Boyd is currently alive to even be killed off at this point? What are your thoughts? Who do you think catches the business on next week's Teen Wolf?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful expressions of taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're going to kill either Jackson or Allison's grandad (in which I will rejoice if the old guy dies). If they kill Jackson, it wouldn't matter because we already know that we can bring people back from the dead and take away their pains (like Issac did with the dog) so his "death" wouldn't completly equal his death. Personally, I believe that Jackson was supposed to kill Lydia, but couldn't because they have that "connection" so he stabbed himself instead, in which case he's end up as the "dying" character. As for Allison's grandad...well I just want him to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love teen wolf! But watching teen wolf without Styles even for a few episodes will wreck it :(

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis