Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 15 of the Positive Challenge


  1.  I am thankful I made it home safely today.
  2. I am thankful all my friends are healthy and family are healthy.
  3. I am thankful for my parents.
  4. I am thankful for my grandparents for bringing my parents into this world.
  5. I am thankful it's Friday.
  6. I am thankful for laughter.
  7. I am thankful for smiling.
  8. I am thankful for words.
  9. I am thankful for love.
  10. I am thankful I have love in my home.

  1. I look forward, to the day I can go clubbing.
  2. I look forward to scary movies on every channel.
  3. I look forward to taking my brother trick or treating.
  4. I look forward to candy!
  5. I look forward to Halloween specials.
  6. I look forward to picking up a Seventeen Magazine I miss the colorful glossy pictures.
  7. I look forward to the day my hair grows into a massive curly fro.
  8. I look forward to giving another speech in my classes.
  9. I look forward to some holidays and days off.
  10. I look forward to growing more comfortable on campus. 
Emotional Independence! A phrase I keep shouting in my head, when walking around on campus from classroom to classroom you people's energies and moods can latch onto you and leave you feeling at least 10 lbs. heavier and a lot more tired then you might regularly be. I am learning to control my own emotions, and develop a deeper sense of specifically my own emotions and why I shouldn't let these other people affect me. Asking myself questions like:
what did you come into contact with that makes you feel this way?
who did you come into contact with that makes you feel this way?
is this person important enough to control your feelings?
is what you're upset about really worth it?
can you do anything about the issue or problem that may have arised?
  Taking a patient moment to analyze your emotions and to claim the emotions that are your's versus what someone else may have shook off on you.
“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.”-Coco Chanel


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis