Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 17 of the Positive Challenge

  I had a great time out with one of my best friends and was reminded that the little things count the most, not these material things before me so why put so much emphasis on it. I did quite a bit of shopping this week and I did enjoy myself, but in the back of my mind something was nagging at me. I remembered how I was so sure going to school and taking out loans was supposed to mean my life is over, but it's far from that.


  1. I am so grateful for my self reflection.
  2. I am so grateful for my amazing friends.
  3. I am so thankful for social media and communication methods so I can stay in touch with them.
  4. I am so grateful for my mother's free movie tickets she won.
  5. I am so grateful for the fact she has a computer that she won the tickets through.
  6. I am so grateful I have time with my mother.
  7. I am so grateful for the time I have to spend with friends.
  8. I am so grateful for the loans I took out (can't believe I just said that).
  9. I am so grateful for the day I pay all my loans back because it's rapidly approaching.
  10. I am so grateful I'm developing optimistic skills.

  1. I look forward to taking stress off of my parents.
  2. I look forward to Monday.
  3. I look forward to school, and having an amazing day.
  4. I look forward to a new OOTD.
  5. I look forward to figuring out other posts to do other than hauls.
  6. I look forward to expanding content on my blog.
  7. I look forward to developing a more mature diverse way of approaching my posts.
  8. I look forward to seeing how much I've grown in these 21 days.
  9. I look forward to creating a new challenge.
  10. I look forward to a new series of posts I'm currently brain storming on.

 Looking back at just a month ago, versus now practicing gratitude truly does work, it may not work instantaneously but it's working in more way than just the way you think. You may use gratitude in the hopes of focusing on one thing to gain another but every time you practice such a method you're growing as a person, both mentally and soon enough physically. The material things are nice, but they aren't everything I see differently now, I see the full big picture that it's not always what you where, but it's who you're with, how you feel, what you said, what they said, what you think, how much you laughed that counts as well to every experience, dare I say it there's more to life than shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis