Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 19 of The Positive Challenge

  We are forgetful. We are infinitely changing, switching our minds, making different choices,trying new things all the time. College is the time a lot of people forget what they're going to school for and begin to question their every move. I feel if you're not sincerely not ready, nor have an idea in mind about what you want to do at your university you shouldn't attend. Take the time, to think about what you plan on doing with your life because if you feel deep down inside venturing further into your education is the improper route than don't go, the experience will be painful to your state of mind and painful to your wallet. I know people always say "you'll take a year off and will never come back", but maybe that is what's meant to be college is an option and it's not for everyone not every successful person has been to college there are people who didn't even receive high school diplomas who are rich.
  When I approached college, I spent the summer soul searching fighting with myself continuously do I want to do this, is this for me? I realized the pros versus the cons decided it would be best that I do go to college and I'm not regretful of my choice at all. I want a Bachelor's Degree, I carry the fact I'm the 1st in my immediate family to get into a university like a crown, and I'm letting myself nor my family down. I didn't have to go to school, my parents like to make me think I did, but I know deep down inside they never would of forced me to go and waste their money. I'm proud of my choice to venture into college are there days I wish I slept in?  Yes but that can happen in any situation, any situation you're in can be seemingly awful but it's all in how you look at it approach this experience not in fear but with your heart let your emotions and that tiny inner voice that can be muffled from time to time speak out and make the choice for you, mine did and it said "we can do this, it will all be worth it in the long run we carry all the skills, passion and strength to make this happen and make this education benefit us in the best way possible", with that being said here's my current  what I'm grateful for list.


  1. I am thankful for the campus I venture on each day.
  2. I am thankful for the beautiful weather today,
  3. I am thankful that I did indeed get around on campus easily and effortlessly.
  4. I am thankful for campus security. 
  5. I am thankful I have so much confidence and trust in myself.
  6. I am thankful I have been taught to believe in myself.
  7. I am thankful that I not can see the deeper meaning in things.
  8. I am thankful I now can see the good in the day instead of drowning in the bad.
  9. I am thankful for my matured.altered vision.
  10. I am thankful I can recognize happiness, and that I can feel happy. 

  1. I look forward to learning more deeper meanings, and lessons.
  2. I look forward to making friends.
  3. I look forward to doing more interviews.
  4. I look forward to Detroit's Restaurant Week.
  5. I look forward to speaking publicly more. 
  6. I look forward to my courage growing.
  7. I look forward to my confidence being stronger.
  8. I look forward to mastering the skill of emotional independence.
  9. I look forward to working on my latest English project and sharing it with you guys.
  10. I loo forward to seeing my grade on my quiz tomorrow.
Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing-William Butler Yeats 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis