Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Letter To Myself

 Dear, Me

         I will not stand around and let you degrade all of my work, all of my success, and drag it through the mud. My project is growing in it's own way, in it's own time because it has its own path to take, so stop comparing it to others. I am proud of what I've created, and I'm standing by it. Patience is a virtue, and it's something you need to become familiar with, get comfortable with the present because that's all you're ever going to get. Reaching into the future is a thing of science fiction, not reality so get your head out of the clouds and look at your reality, you don't like it change it, and only change what you can. Frustration will only eat you up, and spit you out the more you fight with the fabric of your life, don't struggle against God's will. Accept your current state and move on, tomorrow may be the day everything changes and then it might not, but we'll never know if we don't hang on long enough to get there. I'm lecturing you because I love you. I love you with every fiber of my being. I see your imperfections and I see your talents, your tears and hear your laugh it's all like poetry to me, beautiful poetry. Your existence is enough, and what you do with that existence merely exhibits all the treasures that lie within you. I will always love you, I will love you when you're angry, when you're ugly, when you're happy, when you're sad, I will be your number one fan, your top notch supporter the only person who will love you more than I, is God and it's because He says it so. My love for you will never fail, my trust in you grows everyday. I admire you now, I admire who you used to be, and I admire who you will become so don't tear down my love. Don't hate my love, don't deny my love, don't ignore my love, don't underestimate my love by harming yourself with ugly words,created by lies. Remember, my love will always be here underneath the anger, the self hate, my love will never betray you and run, so don't turn a blind eye to me, please.
Love, me.





         Sometimes, it's necessary to write yourself a love letter. You have to remind yourself of how valuable self love is, It's necessary to sing those love songs about yourself, why not? If you can't love yourself, don't get mad when you can't seem to find someone to love you. Your lack of self love, will mislead you to believe that any love is good enough, but there are people out there who like to disguise themselves as love for their own greedy gain. Practice loving who you are and then be prepared to extend such love to someone else, because just like loving who you are can be difficult, it can be difficult to love someone else once the initial infatuation ceases to exist and now you have to force your love to live on the substance of who this person is versus who you imagined them to be. Self love, is the love that never dies, it never fades, it just lies loyally, and patiently waiting for you to tap into it. 

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring and yes we tend to forget to give love to ourselves I need to do that too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you and I hope you know I always appreciate your comments so much it makes you feel better as a blogger like you're not writing into a void ya know

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis