Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Acceptance

   Hey guys! I want to share with you a little something I realized about acceptance. You may have seen on my Tumblr, Deejay Gets Inspired where I had a moment, about who I am and who I've been striving to be. I've been striving to be:

  • a top notch blogger of a booming blog
  • excellent student with constant above average grades
  • a journalist, with an incredible portfolio 
  • someone with a license
  • someone with a car
  • someone with a job
  • someone contributing to their households
  • someone who has it all figured out
   In light of all the things I want to be, I've been beating myself up because I'm not those things, at least not yet. I've been beating myself up constantly, and didn't even realize it. I really am my own worse critic, the way I dismantle and tear my personal being apart is done in a way, I'd never to do anyone else. I'd never talk to my own worse enemy the way I speak about myself. I've put a lot of crushing pressure on myself, and that's not healthy. God wouldn't want me to spit on his creation but that's what I've been doing. I've come to accept myself for all that I am and that is:

  • an ambitious beginner blogger
  • a determined student
  • an aspiring journalist with a growing portfolio 
  • someone at least with a permit
  • someone with goals
  • someone who is taking faith in God's plans and letting him take control. 
  • someone who is on her way to taking the unneeded weight off of her shoulders
  • someone who is learning a balance of self criticism versus self love


14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely know how you feel! It's hard to feel like a million bucks when we're always comparing ourselves to others. You're great just how you are & I think it's wonderful that you're accepting it & being you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I realized the same thing about my self the other day, we all need to learn to let go and let God.
    www.theprofashional1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is truly inspiring! i have been feeling the exact same way you have...beating myself up every day...also striving to start driving... I just need to accept myself.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you so much it makes me so happy to inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes this is so true and thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis