Friday, March 29, 2013

Burnt Out

   
     
       I'm merely sitting here watching Married to Medicine on Style Network, while having a small panic attack. It's my day off and I'm stressed out about next week already, this is no way to live. I burn myself out on my off days, my school days, the days I'm supposed to be enjoying myself I still manage to rain on my own parade. Refusing to torture myself any further, one of the few methods I use is to write it all out, like the following example.



I have these moments where I'm thinking about everything all at once I'm thinking about:

  • Paying for gas next week
  • My final exams and final essays
  • Next semester since I will indeed be staying on campus(this time I'll be better prepared and know what I'm doing better at least)
  • A Summer job
  • What can I do to build a journalism portfolio
  • What am I going to do on this blog(I'm creatively blocked at the moment, and can't find any inspiration in anything it's a scary thing)
   All these thoughts running through my head and it's unnecessary.I'm concerning myself with things that will happen in the future as if it's all about to happen today. I need a balance of prayer and effort. I've put in the effort to insure the success of these things plaguing me:
  •  I'll be able to get to school for the rest of the semester
  • I've done my studying and my papers for my final essays and exams
  • I shouldn't concern myself with next semester all all because that's an incredibly long time from now
  • As far as a Summer job I can apply for that next week
  • Portfolio ideas will come to me, and that's what I'm taking journalism classes for!
  • Once I clear my head and stop stressing out I will have a flow of ideas for this blog!
         Sometimes you have to sit down and cite, just what exactly is bothering you and keeping you up at night. Once you identify the things that are annoying you, it's easier to break them down and before you know it they won't be as big to you. Besides writing it out all out, or in this case typing it out another way to release tension is to meditate or pray. I know meditation sounds ridiculous but sometimes that tension is your body letting you know, to pay attention to it.You're ignoring so many things that's where this alarming pain is coming from. Take merely 5 minutes to reconnect to the things that really matter meditate on:
  • The origin of your anxiety
  • What can you do about the anxiety
  • The things you can't change, or solve let it go and understand that if you can't solve it,then it's not up to you to solve
     Break the issue apart and realize it doesn't define, nor control you. Life is entirely to short to let such dilemmas take over, it's time to live.
   If you want to keep up with posts like this and much more feel free to hit that follow button below:

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis