Saturday, April 13, 2013

Get A Little Trendy!

        Hi, I'm Dinesha Renee Johnson and I'm a trend lover impostor, allow me to explain. I will retweet certain trends, gush about certain trends to my friends, go oooh and ahh at online stores, but when I actually shop....The moment I'm put in the situation to indulge and shop all those hot trends every idea, premeditated obsession goes out of the window! I will buy what I like , out of what I see, and if it just so happens to be apart of the trend then that's merely scoring 2 points! I need to make a list on my little iPod to remind myself of the trends I'm interested in, or better yet create this polyvore set, screen shot it on the iPod and save it!


trendy much
trendy much by deejaystyles featuring platform sandals


  •             The pencil skirt, is slowly but surely gaining much needed attention in the Spring. Fashionista Next Door, did her last link up on making the pencil skirt a casual staple, playing with printed pencil skirts and bolder colors, other than the navy blues and blacks we're used to. The pencil skirt is a great choice if you want to display some curves like in a bodycon, but not as short. I love a great pencil skirt, it can be dressed up or down and there's this vintage femininity that oozes glamour for me!
  •            The chunky gold chain reminds me of old school hiphop...nuff said! Anything that gives me the fierceness of the Salt and Peppa duo is A-ok with me!
  •             The black wedges, are a must have because I love to feel tall. All Winter and Fall I wore, heeled boots, and ankle boots, I'm not ready to go back to being 5 foot 7 again. 
  •      The infamous crop top a.k.a. the bane of my existence. I've always thought crop tops were cute,but never in a million years would I even tease myself with the idea of wearing the crop top, because of my tummy.I associated crop tops with thinness, and thinness with being beautiful something I didn't let myself feel, when I was much younger. As I've grown so has my definition of beauty, and my willingness to try new things, and to accept my current body type for what it is.  Everyone can wear crop tops, if everyone feels like it, and this Summer I feel like it, so I shall, lol!
     The last bit of this post, is the arm party styled cuffs. I love the cuffs and bangles, I never wear any of mine though grr lol! I'm going to experiment with bracelets a lot more!

  There you have it guys, I'm going to really test my(memory) and willingness to try these new trends! I shall rock in a crop top,flirt in my pencil skirt, win in my wedges, slay in my chain, and shake it up with an arm party!



Follow this blog on Twitter @Deejay_Speaks

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's a pretty good idea to create a set, screenshot it and take it with you when you shop. Would make shopping a lot easier!

    Oh to Be a Muse

    Shop Layered Muse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though red is not my colour I do like the pencil skirt and I also like the wedges :)


    xx
    me-travelleroftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh I love that sheer crop looks amazing
    xx

    http://blueviolethearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about crop tops, if you give it a try high waisted bottoms should be ok. I'm afraid of pencil skirts, I don't like clothes that make me look 2times older than I actually am, plus I think they look great with curvy girls.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis