Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Originality Isn't Dead, It Just Got A Little Harder To Find

   
   
          We are all born with a predisposed stereotype being placed on us, whether we can acknowledge it or not. The people around you are judging your future, before you can even say goo goo. Relatives and friends eagerly stand by judging you, based on your parents, "she's going to be a little diva, like her mom", "he's going to be a little heartbreaker". Although these prejudgments are all said in good fun, when you grow older you're going to face others who will say things, not in good fun, but in the act of trying to sum you up. It's easier for people to put you in a category and leave you there, no one wants to do the work involved in figuring people out anymore, as if that work is something to dread. Where has the fun, of getting to know people gone? Have we as a society become socially lazy, so much that no only do we stereotype and prejudge out of convenience, but those being prejudged accept the title of out convenience as well.
      I will never entirely know what people see when they look at me, because I can only see from my own eyes. I confuse people who aren't willing to look past my appearance, and annoy those who believe titles and stereotypes are beneficial. I'm a blogger, who started off as your classic fashion blogger, and decided to branch into my own genre. It's hard to find me on the internet, because no one knows to even look for me. I'm a fashion/poetry/writing/reviewing/sci-fi lover/ type of girl, my type is composed of many types, and I can easily see that people would find that to be too much, but this is me. I appreciate original bloggers, I love bloggers who do their own thing! I follow some original, awesome fashion blogs simply because I can see the  realness in them, the blogs I follow are not here to play a role and that's why I find them interesting!
     To my bloggers, whether it's on one topic or many, never let anyone put you in a box, you were not born a square! People may not understand you, people may judge you harshly because that's what people do when they stumble across something new, people will try so hard to fit you into they think you should be, and in doing so they steal what makes you, you! Don't be stolen from, those original little things about you are so incredibly precious,don't be a victim of the narrow minded.
 
Follow this blog via Twitter @Deejay_Speaks!



10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you soo much! *begins to blush*

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of thank you soo much! secondly, don't worry about the comment seeming long I appreciate that you read and engaged with this post so much thank you and I agree with you so much as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much and I'll be sure to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have so much truth. The title of your blog is a great reflection of your posts and yourself. You should submit one of your posts to IFB's Links a la Mode!

    Oh to Be a Muse: Ryan Gosling in The Place Beyond the Pines

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading your posts you always have something to say and you don't hesitate to do it. You're one of the most authentic person I know, don't lose that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Deejay, firstly I would like to thank u 4 checking out my blog it means alot that you've taken the time out to read it. And Secondly I have to say your blog is pretty much one of the most original and real blogs I've read in a long time, I really like this post especially, we come from a world where everything must be labeled in order to be identified and the way we do this is by acknowledging their physical attributes which leads us to making assumptions on who they are, I don't think there's anything wrong with this until you introduce yourself and actually get to know the person What I say is if you don't know anything about that person don't say anything about that person, It's those who observe from a far and assume they know everything about that person without getting off their ass and talking to them that drive me insane, ie: a guy shopping with a group of girls must be gay, a footballer at a club must be a 'player', a black person must only listen to hip-hop, Your so right people are too lazy to get to know each-other as if we'eve met everybody in the world already, it's pure ignorance & I petty those who think that way. (sorry for the long comment as u can tell I love to vocalize my opinions also lol)

    Nezzy <33

    ReplyDelete
  10. From http://whatnezzywears.blogspot.co.uk/ It wont let me comment as myself for some reason x

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis