Monday, May 6, 2013

Meditation Practices

     


           Hi guys! I want to share with you guys my latest idea. I plan on doing different mediation practices each day for the month of May.This morning I woke up with one thing on my mind immediately, financial problems. The second thing to invade my mind was a math credit requirement and how I'm going to get that out of the way. Two things I dislike the most, were the first two things I greeted myself with. Disgusting self torture such as stress, and repeatedly worrying other things that I cannot change right now in this instant, has to stop. If I spent more time thinking positively and praying(mediating in this case) then perhaps things would be different for myself. I'd have a better outlook on my problems and they wouldn't look so big.
       Meditating is going to help me look past the issues in front of me and to look for the good and all the great possibilities. I'm aware worrying has no benefit yet I still partake in it. I need to develop more belief in myself to handle these problems, faith that God is working in my favor, and that the universe is indeed my ally.
       Often I forget that I'm not alone in my struggle, and that my struggle does not make me, therefore it cannot break me. I will meditate on rebuilding the confidence I have in my strength, and rebuilding the confidence I have in myself. Focus will be placed on my relationship with God as always, and I'm going to remind myself about the good things in my life and the anticipation for better.My meditation will range from 30 minutes to an hour and I will do different forms of meditating.
      Activity oriented mediation which is when you're mediating while doing a calming activity, and the definition of calm is up to you. The mindfulness technique of meditation is something I'm really going to work on, it's merely thinking about the present, no future, no past, just you right now in this very second.Focused meditation technique will be used a lot, I'm going to focus on confidence and faith.
       I'm excited for this challenge, in fact I think I'm just going to add meditation to my regimen. Right along with eating, brushing your teeth etc, I'm going to apply some level of prayer/mediation, I truly need it. Some people can go through life without mediating or praying because they have such a strong connection with knowing everything is going to be alright and until I develop that kind of connection with life, I'm just going to practice. I think I'm taking baby steps in the right direction, if I can apply hours of my life to worrying and downplaying my will,skills, and strength why can't I spend just 30 minutes building myself up? I'm excited to add these practices to my life.


Follow this blog via Twitter @Deejay_Speaks!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis