Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Picking A Career



When I was 5 years old, I decided to become a singer
When I was 8 years old I decided to be a writer. 
 When I was 17 years old I decided to be a journalist. 
      
        I often think am I making the right decision? It's only human to acknowledge the choices you're making in your life, the problem starts when you begin over analyzing-everything. Initially when I made the decision to go to school for journalism, I approached it as if journalism is the only thing I'll ever be allowed to do,for the rest of my life which obviously isn't true. I always assumed that your career makes up about 90% of your life, but life is so immense,unpredictable and random something like a career decision you make your freshman year of college is not the end all, be all for your life.
         The relief I felt when I acknowledged that life isn't just one straight shot road. Many different avenues,choices,friends you make,people you meet, things you do,opportunities you face can lead you into different places you never even imagined. I plan on becoming a journalist and making all the necessary steps in doing so, but I'm also going to acknowledge anything can happen along this path and embrace life's randomness. 

Follow on Bloglovin Follow this blog via Twitter @Dinesha_Johnson, where Deejay tweets!

4 comments:

  1. I would definitely read that magazine God willing it will happen and did you get the message I sent to your blog by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like change is necessary it means we're growing into another aspect of ourselves and if you're not growing well...you're dead lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. chantelle MckenzieOctober 2, 2013 at 6:50 PM

    Since I was 11 I wanted to be a clinical psychologist, ive suddenly changed my mind!
    It's fine to change in my opinion especially when we're young!
    mixed-hair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the best thing to do. I remember I wanted to become an attorney then a doctor then a physician and now I don't know I'm just doing what I've to do and waiting to see what life has for me. But one thing is sure right now what can make me happy is to have my own published magazine, I hope to get there someday.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis