Friday, August 30, 2013

I Blame Destiny's Child

      Back in the day when I was a young elementary school girl,I was obsessed with Destiny's Child. I remember seeing the girl group step out in camouflage attire as they sang their hit Survivor. After imitating the dance moves and trying to grasp all the lyrics, I said to myself :



I was obsessed with camouflage pants, so much these pants were bought back in....7th or 8th grade and I still have not tossed them out! I don't have a camouflage obsession nearly as much as I did back then but I'll welcome this Fall trend back with open arms, if need be.You can check out my camouflage inspired post on The Eye here, Fall Fashion Trends ,where I go in further detail about my idols who are notorious for their interpretations of camouflage.
I decided to try out 3 different looks, when working with camouflage print I like the pattern to take center stage so I didn't mix any other graphics. You'll also notice the change in accessories varies in each look, because the bag and jewelry does have a lot more say in each look. 
I wanted to do a really minimalist simple look, and let my gold earrings stand out. The tan in the camouflage print goes well with gold.

         I played a little bit more with color in this look, the neutral tan in the camouflage print made me do it!
                                                                   

Of course I had to wear a black shirt with this look, it's both simple and edgy. The necklace was added to give it a more feminine look in addition to the bow bag, it's classic, and feminine. 
 I hope you enjoyed this post! Leave a comment below and tell me about your favorite look, or better yet tell me what clothing item brings back an old memory for you!




Follow this blog via Twitter @Deejay_Speaks, where Deejay tweets!          

6 comments:

  1. thank you so much, and yes I'm getting a hang of this camera I have now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl do you have a new camera? Your photos are 10 times better now and I can see you had a lot outfits posts lately, nice!
    Your style is improving, you're trying new things and being more daring love it!
    I'm not a big fan of camouflage but I like it on some people. I like the way you style these pants.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the orange side purse! It's a nice pop of color. I LOVED Destiny's Child too! and I still do. <3

    Love,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you,Destiny's Child had such a fashion influence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the look with the white tops, definitely destiny's child influenced some of my outfits as well lol x


    marymariescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the second outfit! Your tattoo looks so nice as well x

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis