Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Vs.

               
             




   
        I found myself at war this morning.Minutes ticked by and I was running out of time, a decision had to be made quickly.I thought to myself, "this or that", a thousand times before I made my choice and made a mad dash out of the door. You'd think I was making a life or death decision but actually I was just trying to choose between jackets. In short, the jacket with the fur collar won because the cold is biting and the wind was making plans to tear me to shreds.

  Looking at these pictures and so many others I found myself wondering, since when did faux leather and plaid go hand in hand. Faux leather and plaid are best friends and I don't know why. Perhaps the black in the jacket brings out the black in the plaid and that's what makes this union so beautiful. Plaid(at least for me) has an edgy rockstar history and faux leather jackets do as well, is that where the connection lies?Don't get me wrong, I love the combination of plaid and faux leather but I think it would be interesting to look into the history of their relationship, because it is quite common. Let me know in the comments what you think the origin of plaid and leather is, or let me know when you found yourself struggling with your clothing choices!

4 comments:

  1. I've never thought about it, but you're right!! Plaid and leather were made at the same time in rock star heaven!:) I always wear my plaid shirt with a leather jacket, it never seems to fit with anything else, and the combinations has that badass feel... Even though plaid isn't necessarily badass (except when it's incorporated in skinny red jeans tucked into Docs of course:)).

    http://www.forpeetssake.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair is so cool!


    www.rcsoatl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree, i love pairing plaid and leather!

    x



    ♥ Ellen

    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

    Facebook
    + Instagram

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis