Monday, November 4, 2013

Building Skill


       Hey guys, I've been doing a lot more writing lately and decided to let this creative surge find it's way into my other blog http://shehastheeye.tumblr.com. I've been doing a segment I created called Chic Short Stories, where you build a story or a written out ad around a certain product.Exercising my creative writing skills are excellent for an aspiring journalist,especially when using social media to share the work you're creating(that's using 2 different skills already). I did my first Chic Short Story, called The Chunky Sweater Superhero, check it out here. By the way, I thought you might want to know I share some of my poetry on my Tumblr http://deejaygetsinspired.tumblr.com if you want to check out some of my more "of the moment", poetry. 
           Writing has really helped me a lot more in my moment of growth and trying to figure things out, but writing has brought me comfort in this awkward stage of my life. I have this urge to be more proactive, perhaps I should try publishing my work in a paper or a well known publication?Honestly, I've always wanted to publish a book, composed of my poetry collection. I created a specific collection over the Summer time all about self love, and the trial and error of learning to love yourself.Publishing that specific collection of poetry would just make a world of difference for me, I just don't know anything about actually publishing a book! I guess I'll be doing my research, it can't hurt to try at least!
Enough about me,let me know how you guys are doing, have you formally welcomed November and embraced that extra hour of sleep(I know I have!).







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis