Thursday, December 26, 2013

   
       
          I'm writing one poem for each day, for the next 10 days. It's been a challenge for me to write lately because frankly my heart hasn't been in it. Honestly my heart hasn't been in anything.
    I keep reflecting on the year and feeling as though I've failed in a way, but I know that isn't true. I haven't failed. I'm not where I want to be but that's not because I didn't try.Sometimes you don't always win no matter how many well practiced attempts you make.
      No matter how hard you try, no matter how much work you put into everything, sometimes you still don't get what you want.Not achieving everything when you specifically want to is not a reflection on the work you've done, it's a reality. It's a reality of the world that you win some and lose some but the real achievement is staying in the game.
     To keep going and pursuing is the true goal.Consistency and determination are the true goals. I may not have achieved my goals but I kept moving, and I will continue to do so. That being said, I'm writing up some more goals and that's how this challenge was born.


2 comments:

  1. wow! Thanks for sharing this inspirational piece, DJ!

    tramplingicecream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis