Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
- Blogging randomly about anything becomes scheduled.
- Teaching yourself about branding,measuring analytics and reading articles about the next big thing in social media becomes more of an assignment than an activity.
- Your blogger journal is half filled with ideas and the other half with SEO tips.
- You've set aside a specific blogger budget with your bank account.
|Living in the present+wearing timeless jewelry= #wining.|
Sunday, October 19, 2014
- What do you like about this project?
- Why have you been drawn to this project?
- What will this project leave behind?
- Who is this project targetting?
- What effect will this project have on other people?
- Is the purpose of this project to entertain,inform,persuade or all 3?
Friday, October 17, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
- I scheduled a blog link to be tweeted multiple times, but the tweet itself had a spelling error.Not only did I share with the world my poor spelling errors but I shared them at multiple times of the day....
- Accidentally double posting on the FBL Facebook page almost made me delete my FB profile altogether.My computer was having a buffering issue so I hit enter one too many times out of impatience and shared a link 4 times! I kept trying to delete but my computer was running slow and I'm sure Jess(the creator of the group) thinks I'm a spam blogger now :(
- Sharing the wrong picture on the wrong profile has ruined several selfie celebrations.I remember taking a cute selfie and going to post it on my personal Instagram page only to put it on my fashion blog's page.The worse part about sharing my face on my fashion blog's Instagram is that I wanted my identity to be fairly low key, and then WHAM it's selfie central.Can you say cross content contamination?
- I @ the wrong person on Twitter when doing a guest blog post, and had to have the awkward"sorry I wasn't talking to you" explanation.How do you explain to someone you didn't mean to be social with them on social media without sounding like a dingbat?Let me know when you find out please!
- Writer's block
- Life is kicking my ass
- I don't know what I'm doing anymore
- I start to forget my blog's purpose
- I start to forget my blog's goals
- Delete it and come back when I'm in a better place?
- Leave it up and hope someone gets something worthwhile out of it?
- Do I accept the responsibility of a life style blogger and blog about my life whether it be ugly,pretty or a solid 5 on the hot or not scale?
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Monday, September 1, 2014
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Friday, August 22, 2014
Thursday, August 21, 2014
Sunday, August 17, 2014
|Heels via Rainbow, Pants and shirt via Sears|
Thursday, August 14, 2014
|My t-shirt features my best friend(in my head),Iron Man.I got it for like 5 dollars online from Wetseal.|
Thursday, August 7, 2014
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Each of these looks have a running theme of comfort and still maintaining an extra oomph factor to show some personality.I'm a firm believer that you can be comfortable and cute.I think it's sad so many people think cute means struggling with ill fitted fabric and too tight shoes, when its quite the contrary.If you feel uncomfortable 9 times out of 10 YOU LOOK UNCOMFORTABLE, and that is certainly not cute.
These 3 looks were very comfy and still allowed me to express my personal style below:
Friday, July 4, 2014
Thursday, July 3, 2014
I've been buying print leggings like mad.I'm really excited to wear my leggings out but there was something standing in my way. I've always preferred to wear a shirt long enough to cover my boot when wearing leggings outside, for fear that I've got a bit too much junk in my trunk.
I usually have a few neutral colored tunics or shirts that come right over my butt but in a recent spring cleaning expedition, those have been dismissed.The solution is simple really, all I have to do is buy some more shirts to hide my butt when I wear leggings!
After looking online and in stores, I started thinking more about the things I use as my personal style crutch to stay within my comfort zone.Just like how I prefer to hide my butt when I wear leggings, I've forbidden myself from wearing skater skirts(even though I adore them on other people of all shapes and sizes).
I could admire(and have) admired many other bloggers who wear elaborately printed leggings, and sport the shortest of skater skirts and will root them on.I've preached many times about how horrible body shaming is and that we all need to embrace our unique temples and adorn them the way we want.I was being a hypocrate.
How I could shout about healthy body image and the horror that is body shaming and here I was being ashamed of my own ass, even going as far as forbidding a piece of clothing I actually really like from myself. So, I decided the next time I decide to wear my leggings, when I put on a shirt to cover my butt it's out of comfort not as a shaming practice.I decided to go skater skirt shopping as well,because my body is not some dirty little secret to hide but a physical manifestation of who I am.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Now, during this vision for monetization I created a plan to set up a contact page, look into business cards and keep a list of magazines and companies I want to align my brand with on hand. In the midst of all this planning I forgot that my platform could be used to make a positive difference, thankfully I received an email to remind me.
I was messaged recently to let all of you gorgeous readers in on a contest that is built to help military members win a new home! The email entailed "HomeFirst is holding a Military Family Home Giveaway contest to win a home from one of two communities: Riverbrook (located in New Haven, MI) and Springrove (located in Holly, MI). Any Military member, Veteran, or immediate family member of either is eligible to enter, and entrants are asked to include a letter sharing their story. The deadline for the contest is September 30, 2014 at 5:00pm EST.
More details can be found at: http://homefirstcertified.com/giveaway/."
I'm currently building a sidebar widget that will be clickable to the contest link. I definitely support this contest, helping a member of the military gain a new home is the least we can do for the people who give their all for our safety on an everyday basis.
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Now that I look at the list, I realize I can navigate around some of these issues. Besides, I need a creative outlet again.Lately it feels like my imagination and creativity is slipping through my fingers, fading and thinning out like smoke. I realized during my hiatus that if I don't have a creative outlet of some kind, I become a different person. Without creativity, I become frustrated, easily annoyed and pessimistic.
It seems like every time I'm prepared to walk away from blogging something brings me back! Now that I've explained where I've been and why I'm back allow me to share with you what I plan to do.