Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR


        Happy New Year guys! You might be wondering why I didn't do an outfit of the day roundup or a "blog in  review" post this year like I did last year. I decided I wanted to bring in the new year with my poetry. Deejay Speaks has clearly taken on some gradual new rebranding as far as content, so what better way to embrace the new year than with new content!
  I hope you guys are enjoying this poetry challenge. 
I want to take a moment and tell you guys once again how much I appreciate the loyal readers who have been there for this blog. I know it can be a bit much for readers who get used to one kind of content and then it switches and adds on new topics.I want to greet this new content with optimism and excitement. Change doesn't have to be a bad thing and this addition of my poetry is merely a change I needed to make for my personal growth.
I don't think anyone understands quite what it's like when you literally put yourself into a project and then are asked to share it. In the words of Erykah Badu`, "I'm an artist, and I'm sensitive about my shit", this is so incredibly true.
    Putting my art work on this platform is forcing me to see my creations through your eyes and how others are perceiving it.I'm growing in terms of being fearless with my writing.Thank you for standing by me in my time of growth. I also wanted to add I achieved my goal of 10 guest posts, you can see it in the newly added features page!
Here's the poem for day 7 of the poetry challenge 


2 comments:

ShareThis