Monday, January 20, 2014

It's Monday and Anything Can Happen

I know what you're thinking, why in the devil is she excited about Monday?I admit I was one of those people who hated and I mean HATED Monday, but I asked myself why?Why do I hate the beginning of the week?Are my weeks so bad that I've grown accustomed to something crap like happening, so I hate when they start all over again?I don't want to approach my week with an attitude problem, I want to be excited!

Am I the only one who's really sat down and recognized that anything can happen, at any time. As long you're active or working on something there is always the possibility of infinite possibilities.Sometimes I think of  rags to riches stories for inspiration and I know not everyone shares the same fate as though stories but that doesn't mean it can't happen at all, just because the chances are low.Sometimes I wake up and think "what if some business person witnesses my spoken word videos and wants to invest in me and puts backing into the book I'm writing?", or "what if today is the day I finally get out of my current writer's block?".The term "what if" doesn't have to be a source of negative outcome, it's a source of any outcome, that can happen any day and that includes Monday.With that being said, I decided to share a bit of style inspiration and a little success inspiration to get you moving. 
Style Inspired



Style Inspired 2

Style Inspired 3

  • Harland David Sanders, the famous KFC Colonel, couldn't get his chicken to sell. The Colonel was rejected more than 1000 times, but then 1 did and well we know how that went.
  • Steven Spielberg was rejected from his university of choice( University of Southern California) 3 times, he looked for an education else where eventually dropped out and became the director we all know now.
  • Chris Gardner grew up with an abusive stepfather, the abuse became too much for him so he ran off to the Navy and later became a medical supplies salesman. He became inspired to become a stock broker after witnessing one in a Ferrari, his job also at the time was no longer paying enough to support his family. His struggle to stock broker success left him homeless sleeping in a subway station bathroom. Gardner documented his struggle in his memoirs, which became a hit movie- The Pursuit of Happiness.
  • Dr Seuss' first book was rejected by 27 different publishers, and he's now the most popular children's book author ever.
  • Ursula Burns grew up in Manhattan's Lower East side in a housing project. Her mother, a Panamanian-immigrant single mother ran a daycare center at home and ironed shirts for a fee, so she could send Burns to Cathedral High School. Burns went on to gain a mechanical engineering degree at NYU, she went on to become an intern at  Xerox  and is now the first African-American woman to ever lead a Fortune 500 Company and the 14th most powerful woman in the world.
Information found via : 

    I really hope this helps you stay encouraged during your Monday grind because I know it helps me.Sitting down the Sunday before and creating a post like this helps me get ready to take on the monster that Monday is like my own form of meditation.

2 comments:

  1. I love the looks specially the second one <3 x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis