Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Final Demon



          I'm going to tell you all about a demon I have. This demon likes to remind me of my failed projects and all the things I haven't achieved every time I start trying to make a draft of my poetry book.I keep telling the demon, this time it won't be like that, this time is different.The demon laughs every time I try to defend myself.
 This stinking demon is sitting back cackling at me.I decided to snatch the chair from underneath that damn demon and cage it.The sound of the demon  will be the soundtrack of my success. I'm not going to let any demons keep me from moving forward, in fact I'll use them as my motivation.
I decided to share this poem and little bit of prose because:
1.it felt therapeutic to write it
2. why not
3. writing it made it feel official-oddly

I'm not the only one who likes to write things down as a means of finalizing something, right?I don't know why but putting things into words makes them seem solid and more concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis