Friday, August 22, 2014

Personal Style Essentials:The Striped Dress


   Everyone has that one piece of clothing they consider a mandatory piece, such as a white t-shirt,dark denim skinnies, etc.What a lot of people don't know is that everyone has different essentials to their closet.What one person considers a necessity may be completely ignored by another.After looking through my wardrobe I've discovered my own personal style essentials.Allow me to introduce you to what I consider a style essential: the black and white stripe dress.
     The black and white striped dress is oozing with versatility.I came up with three different looks featuring this dress with ease!The white and black dress comes from Forever21,I was inspired to get it after seeing Janelle Monae's Q.U.E.E.N. music video.

   The first look focuses on the monochrome appeal as I pair it with this black and white color block varsity jacket.Playing with texture and print becomes the main concentration.




  The second look plays with a lot of color.The black and white becomes the canvas for color blocking with my accessories.
  
     The 3rd look becomes a collab of chic and casual flair as it gets paired with this denim Levi button up I scored from the thrift store.I also decided to pair these all black high top Converse shoes and leggings to make it that much more comfortable.I can picture wearing this outfit to class.

   I really enjoy showing the versatility of clothing in this way.I'll probably be doing another post like this soon.What do you consider a personal wardrobe essential?
   



2 comments:

ShareThis