Sunday, October 19, 2014

Beginner Blogger Questions

  


 I remember when I started my blog for the first time.I was so excited to hurry up and create content to share.I had lists upon lists of ideas and projects I planned on creating.In my pursuit of blogger greatness,I forgot to ask myself some very important questions.

   The 1st question is pretty obvious but that doesn't make it any less important:what do you want your readers to know about you?That "About Me" section is pretty critical.You have to figure out the best way to represent yourself in a few sentences that makes readers feel welcome.Do not neglect the power of the "About Me" section.

   The 2nd question is, from what position do you want to blog?There are various ways to blog,from co-blogging with multiple people or anonymously blogging giving no information or background on yourself and simply creating faceless,nameless content.Determine the kind of blogger you want to be by figuring out what personally suits you best.
   
     The 3rd question is what kind of blogger voice do you want to use?Do you want your voice to be laidback and casual?Perhaps a sophisticated voice would be better if your blogging purpose is to inform and educate.Determing your own particular voice helps make the message of your blog clear and creates easily digestible content for your readers.

Hopefully this post helps the next person who suddenly develops an interest in the blogging world.Feel free to leave a comment below about any questions you wished you asked yourself when you first started blogging.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis