Thursday, October 16, 2014

What Hiatus Means To Me

When I go on a hiatus it means that I'm facing a terrible case of:
  • Writer's block
  • Life is kicking my ass
  • I don't know what I'm doing anymore
  • I start to forget my blog's purpose
  • I start to forget my blog's goals
How do I get around these stifling challenges so I can get back to producing some enjoyable content that you can connect with?The best way for me to get out of hiatus hell is to interview myself. Asking questions about the root of the issue is the best way to start hacking at it, let me go get the ax(metaphorically of course).
My writer's block is a result of low self-esteem and the reason my self-esteem isn't so high is because life is kicking my ass.Life is kicking my ass because it seems everything I've attempted has failed in one way or another.From getting into schools that I wanted to go to but having to leave due to financial issues, my heart was broken, I could feel the pain hanging in my chest and legitimately had no clue what to do with it.There are many posts written about what to do when you get kicked out the school of your choice or if you don't get in at all, but no one really has tips for when you have to leave a school due to financial problems.I feel like I'm still caught up on that heart break of having to leave the school of my choice and that's because I don't know how to move on(hence all this creative and life blockage).
In the midst of trying to dig myself out of financial and school related setbacks, I forgot about my blog.I don't think a lot of people realize how hard it can be for a blogger facing a personal setback to still turn around and create content without sounding like they're looking for pity.I don't like writing sad posts they're not productive. I spent the last year and a half being miserable which is why there hasn't been as many new posts as it usually would be.
Now that I've been honest with myself and with you, what's the next step?Where do I go from here with this platform?
  • Delete it and come back when I'm in a better place?
  • Leave it up and hope someone gets something worthwhile out of it?
  • Do I accept the responsibility of a life style blogger and blog about my life whether it be ugly,pretty or a solid 5 on the hot or not scale?
I think I'm going with no.3. It would be easy for me to quit on this blog altogether, but 2 years ago I decided to dedicate a portion of my life to this little sphere and it's become my baby.I can't quit on my baby just because it's going through the terrible 2s.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis