Friday, December 25, 2015

I'm Not Afraid of Aging Anymore


After I turned 18 I came to the horrible realization that a lot of the life goals I wanted to achieve before I turned 20 were not becoming a reality.Every birthday after 18 was filled with guilt,regret and  a forced smile.It sounds dramatic, terrible and ungrateful to react to a birthday this way.I couldn't help myself at the time.I hadn't wrapped my mind around the fact that I can't control everything life throws at me, that my primary control is simply how I react.
I can now say that I'm not afraid of aging anymore. I'm not afraid of the things life plans on throwing at me anymore.This doesn't mean that when my life gets shaken up I'm going to be immune to the movement, it just means I know if I fall I can pick myself back up.I'm growing confident in my will to overcome and to better myself out of otherwise dark circumstances.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis