Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Don't Let Preparation Punk You


I've been holding back on blogging and posting because I haven't felt entirely ready to get back in full force. I've been making lists of topics and what direction I want to take this blog in this year. I've been budgeting my money for what kind of things I'll need to buy for the proper content to create. I've been in the preparation process for soo long, that the idea of posting before everything was perfect terrified me. 
Well I've decided to change. I'm never going to be in the perfect position to blog because perfection is fictitious and subjective.I don't have to wait until I buy my Macbook, I don't have to wait until I've bought Photoshop, I don't have to wait until I have my ring light, I can post right damn now!
A lot of us enter the preparation process and never get out and that's sad. It's awful thinking about all the ideas,products,inventions and talent has been stifled because they took the preparation process and made it their crutch and made it their excuse for fear.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should holler yolo and go run out into the abyss. I'm just saying that there's a difference between waiting for the perfect moment and waiting until you've become perfect. 
I can't keep waiting for my blog to be perfect to take action. Here's to posting when my gut tells me to and no longer being preparation's bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis