Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Passion is There, But Not Here



 I've developed an obsession for figuring out what my path and passion in life is.In the midst of thinking about what I'm passionate about and watching Marie Forleo videos on YouTube, I found myself getting frustrated. I was getting all of this excellent information on how to grow your passion, nurture it, love it and stay motivated-but how do I do that when I don't know what my passion is. I don't know what my passion is, but I know what it's supposed to feel like.

When I think about passion I imagine it being fiery, exciting, powerful and a force that will engulf you. I don't feel engulfed by anything.I can't remember the last time, I felt anything fiery. My gut hasn't been a home for flames in a very long time. So if I can't identify my passion through a feeling, maybe I should look at what I'm particularly good at to help me figure out my passion.

I sat down with a notebook and a pencil and told myself to write a list of things I'm really good at and I mean really good at. My list was a bit empty and as you can imagine I felt even more disheartened.After staring at my scarce little list of things I'm good at, I called it a day on figuring out my path in life, looking to the future was starting to hurt more than excite me.

It hit me today the reason why I can't feel my passion like I used to. I've got road blocks cutting off  my ability to feel my passion and one of those roadblocks is low self-esteem and self doubt. My passion is alive, it's here, it's existing but we've got all this unnecessary distance between the two of us. I have to take some emotional inventory like a lot of us need to. 

We all need to investigate into our emotional states. Sometimes we apply our energy to the wrong problems,  to the issues that aren't really issues at all. I'm going to start redirecting the time I've spent trying to figure out my path and apply to  feel whole again. If I can make myself feel better about who I am, then I am building the proper platform for which developing my path can be built on. Before you go soul searching for passion, make sure your in a place for your passion to find you. Make sure you're in a position and have a perception developed so you can see your path in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Good luck. I wish you the best :) X

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.
    WWW.HEKYMA.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis